Thursday, January 15, 2009

Upcoming February 22

Meet Justine Larbalestier and Simmone Howell

Meet two of the world’s most entertaining writers for teenagers in one cake-tastic afternoon event. Justine Larbalestier is the author of How To Ditch Your Fairy, a funny teenage novel of a girl who plots to get rid of her personal fairy. Simmone Howell is the author of Everything Beautiful and Notes from the Teenage Underground. Two internationally published authors plus cake, free, on a Sunday afternoon.

Time: 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm

Venue: Conference Centre Lounge, State Library of Victoria

Entry 3, La Trobe Street, Melbourne

Cost: Free

To book, click here.

6 comments:

  1. I have a thing at the Jasper Hotel which ends at 2:30. How long would it take to go from there to the State Library? I might be later, but hopefully I can still make it. I have a Justine book that needs signing...

    And the price is right: free! With the promise of cake! Yes, I'm cheap and love things I don't have to pay for. Who freaking doesn't? ;-)

    Better book my spot now. Thanks for the heads-up and have a lovely day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've been itching for an excuse to fly down to Melbourne for a weekend... I think this may be the clincher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm booked in, I'm a-comin'. Yay, looking forward to seeing you. And blogspot! Gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tez - i dunno - googlemaps! I reckon we'll be able to gasbag for a good while though (we can always hide a piece of cake behind a bookstack)... Andrew - go on, do it! You can ask penetrating questions ...Penni - yay, and blogspot? It feels neater. I am trying to simplify my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to be in Australia. Luckily Justine popped by Austin on her U.S. tour, but she didn't bring cake...or you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. emily - get your astral travelling truck in gear!

    ReplyDelete