Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mapping (Melbourne) Course - Participants wanted!


Are you aged 15-21?
Interested in adventures in creative mapping?
Please join our workshop! Wednesdays 5-7 at Signal, opposite Flinders Street Station. 

Mapping (Me)lbourne with Lisa D’Onofrio & Simmone Howell
Most people are familiar with the idea of maps as representations of geographical information, but mapmaking can tell our personal stories, assist us to understand the world around us and our place within it.
In Mapping (Me)lbourne you will make maps that are not just for directions but are works of art and inspired imagination. Meet a cartographer, undertake urban wanderings, create a map using writing, photography and collage.
Your maps will be published and distributed as alternative city guides.
Dates:Wednesdays from 17 April to 15 May

Time: 5pm to 7pm

Cost: Free


Bookings essentialbook online 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sounds AMAZING! Is there any wiggle room on the age limits? I am (only just) 23 but I'm pretty sure my emotional age is still about 18. Plus I am frequently told I seem younger than my age.
    I'd never heard of signal before, but it sounds like a really great place.
    Also, I received the parcel! Thank you thank you thank you! It was très exciting and I am currently reading the book and liking it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I am pretty sure that would be okay. The other students that we have signed up are 19-20 so there's not much difference as far as I can see - and I already know you do awesome photography, So ... Come! Bring a friend! (But maybe ring them just to double-check!)

    ReplyDelete