Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Daydreams, Zines and Dream Houses




I'm planning a trip to San Francisco and Los Angeles. The last time I was in San Francisco I was nineteen. I got a tattoo and carried Joyce Johnson's Minor Characters everywhere I went. When I visited LA from England a few years ago, the one thing I wanted to do was go to the Eames House in Pacific Palisades (on public transport, no less!) Sometimes - not often - with travel you get exactly what you want. This time around I have a few things I want to do and they are mostly connected to old favourite films. I would love to find The Sandpiper house. Apparently it is in a National Park in Point Reyes, California, which looks amazing. Nepenthe also featured in the film and I definitely want to go there. I love Rebecca Solnit's map of Vertigo/San Francisco and am planning a big walk around.

In other news: I made a little zine about re-watching some formative films of my youth. The films I write about are Times Square, Go Ask Alice and The Sandpiper.  If you're interested in a copy then send me an email.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want a copy of your zine! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Times Square. So much pleasure in the planning of your trip...

    ReplyDelete