Thursday, November 28, 2013

Post-post-post-holiday post


“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Okay, so I went away and it was fabulous. Here are some highlights:

Riding a bike through the pot-smoke haze of Golden Gate park
Drinking plum wine with Pamela Des Barres
Berkeley Brekkie with ace Laura Atkins
Nosing around the Gavin Lambert collection at UCLA library
Hot-tubbing in Silver Lake with my writingest writing buddy
Seeing John Rechy read at Skylight books
Hanging with Paula Weston in a fancy wine bar
Walking down Barbary Lane and dreaming about Tales of the City
Meeting Don Herron - biographer of Charles Willeford - and going on his Dashiell Hammett tour.
An architecture tour of LA, dreaming about Beechwood Canyon
Meeting YA heroes at a San Fran book mingle
Going back to my dream Eames house in Pacific Palisades
Bookshops. Mimosas. Kimonos. Bougainvillea. Sleeping in.
Sigh.

I am writing about it all, I promise.
















No comments:

Post a Comment