Eternal Return



I always wanted to be able to say I had a peripatetic childhood but I had just the opposite. During a time when most young people escaped as soon as they could, I had something of a failure to launch. Mostly this was down to money and moods. I finally moved out age 21, and have been making up for it ever since.

My small family had around 18 months in the last house; about the same in the second last. Before that we were in the country. And before that we were in a dream house by the sea. Before that we were somewhere small but serviceable, and before that the country again. We moved for schools, and for the dream of “home”. It hasn’t always been our choice to leave, but sometimes it’s good to have the decision made for you. Anyway, it’s not like I ever stop looking at houses.

Read the Rest

Comments

Popular Posts